Each week we analyze the match ups and provide our take on which Quarterbacks you should start and which should be sitting on your fantasy pine.
WEEK 10 Byes: Green Bay, Washington, Arizona, and Cleveland
A-rod and RG3 owners might want to check our sleepers if you need to play the waiver wire for a bye week filler.
There are not many significant injuries at the QB position. Check out our interactive INJURY REPORT with fantasy advice (released Friday afternoon) to stay up to date on fantasy relevant bumps & bruises
Ben Roethlisberger (vs Kansas City): Big Ben is on pace to match his career high in TD passes (32 in 2007) as he has tossed 16 TDs with just 4 INTs over the first 8 games of the season.
- Opponent ranking - KC pass defense is ranked 11th allowing 222 YPG - but they have allowed the 12th most fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (22 Fantasy PPG)
- Chiefs have allowed 2nd most passing touchdowns (17)
- Big Ben is currently ranked 8th among QB in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (19, 15, 21, 15)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 42 points
- Injuries – WR Antonio Brown is listed as doubtful with an ankle injury
- FFToday Ranks Big Ben as their #4 QB for week 10.
Carson Palmer (@ Baltimore): The expected loss of RUN DMC should lead to a pass happy attack for the Silver & Black. The 32 year old QB is averaging an impressive 294 YPG with 13 TDs and 8 INTs.
- Opponent ranking - Ravens pass defense is ranked 22nd against the pass allowing 247 YPG
- Baltimore have allowed at least 20 fantasy PPG to QBs in 2 of the past 3 games since losing LB Ray Lewis and CB Lardarius Webb for the season.
- Currently ranked 9th among QBs in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (16, 21, 15, 32)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 46 points.
- Yahoo Ranks Palmer as their #12 QB for week 10 - 4 spots ahead of Mike Vick.
Philip Rivers (@ Tampa Bay): The 30-year-old signal caller from NC state is having one of the worst seasons of his career as he’s averaging just 233 YPG with 12 TDs and 10 INTs. Robert Meachem signing has not exactly offset the loss of Vincent Jackson.
- Opponent ranking – Tampa pass defense is ranked 32nd against the pass allowing 321 YPG - allow 5th most fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (25 Fantasy PPG)
- Tampa will be missing one of their top CBs as Aquib Talib was traded to the Pats. CB Eric Wright (achilles) also might be suspended
- Currently ranked 23rd among QBs in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (20,12,6,16)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 48 points
- LestersLegends Ranks Rivers as their #5 QB for week 10.
Mike Vick (vs Dallas): The Monday Night 1 TD , 13 pt performance against a New Orleans defense that has resembled swiss cheese paints an accurate picture of the recent offensive struggles for the Birds.
Their O-line will be missing 4 starters after RT Todd Herremans was ruled out for the season with an ankle injury. Demarcus Ware is licking his chops against this junior high O-line.
- Opponent ranking - Dallas pass defense is ranked 5th against the pass allowing 206 YPG - allow 3rd fewest fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (16 Fantasy PPG). Offseason additions of free agent CB Brandon Carr and rookie Morris Claiborne have paid off.
- Vick has turned the ball over 17 times.
- The Cowboys have only allowed only one QB to reach 20 Fantasy points (Cutler – week 4)
- Currently ranked 12th among QB in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (24, 16, 19, 18)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 45 points
- Rotoprofessor Rankings have Vick as their #15 QB for week 10.
Matt Schaub (@ Chicago): The 31-year-old QB has recovered nicely from the knee injury that forced him to miss the end of the 2011 season. Schaub is on pace for 3,836 passing yards, 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions.
- Opponent ranking - Chicago pass defense is ranked 16th against the pass allowing 230 YPG - allow 5th fewest fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (17 Fantasy PPG)
- Bears defense ranks 2nd in sacks (25) and are allowing just 15 PPG.
- Currently ranked 20th among QBs in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (7, 18, 19, 15)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 41 points
- Injuries – TE Owen Daniels listed as questionable with a hip injury.
- FFToolbox has Schaub as their #24 QB for week 10.
Jay Cutler (vs Houston): The Red Rocket from TCU is averaging 261 YPG with 13 TDs but 10 INTs through 7 games (ahead of pace on both from rookie season when he finished with 20 TDs and 13 INTs).
- Opponent ranking – Houston pass defense is ranked 4th against the pass allowing 204 YPG - allow 9th fewest fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (18 Fantasy PPG).
- CB Jonathan Joseph is expected to shadow WR Brandon Marshall. Per Pro Football Focus, Joseph has allowed just a single touchdown this season.
- Currently ranked 21st among QBs in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (13, 9, 21, 15)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 41 points
- FFToday has Cutler as their #21 QB for week 10.
- Opponent ranking - Titans pass defense is ranked 27th against the pass allowing 273 YPG - allow 6th fewest fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (24 Fantasy PPG).
- Tennessee defense has allowed a league high 20 passing TDs.
- Tannehill is currently ranked 28th among QB in standard scoring (12 fantasy PPG) – last 4 weeks he’s scored (20, 9, 17, 16)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 44 points
- Razzball has Tannehill as their #15 QB for week 10.
Ryan Fitzpatrick (@ New England): The Harvard alum is averaging just 209 YPG but does have 15 TD passes over the first 8 games. He is on pace for 30 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.
- Opponent ranking - Pats pass defense is ranked 28th against the pass allowing 281 YPG - allow 3rd most fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (25 Fantasy PPG).
- In the week 4 meeting, Fitzpatrick tossed for 350 yards with 4 TDs and 4 INTs.
- Currently ranked 16th among QB in standard scoring – last 4 weeks he’s struggled (4, 7, 21, 10)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 53 points – 2nd highest of the week
- FFToday has Fitzpatrick as their #8 QB for week 10.