Each week we analyze the match ups and provide our take on which Quarterbacks you should start and which should be sitting on your fantasy pine.
The QB position took a major hit with four signal callers (Vick, Big Ben, Alex Smith and Jay Cutler) knocked out in week 10. The Steelers will be down to 3rd stringer Charlie Batch this week after Byron Leftwich suffered broken ribs during the week 11 loss to Baltimore. Jay Cutler has been cleared and should be able to go which is welcomed news after Jason Campbell fell flat on his face Monday night. Mike Vick will miss his 2nd straight game on Monday Night but Nick Foles is not a recommended play behind an injury riddled O-line. Colin Kaepernick is expected draw the week 12 start for the dream matchup with a New Orleans defense allowing the most fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (27 FPPG).
Be sure to check out our interactive INJURY REPORT with fantasy advice to stay up to date on all of the fantasy relevant bumps & bruises.
Philip Rivers (vs Baltimore): The 30 year old QB has impressed over the past three weeks tossing 7 TDs. Rivers is averaging 246 YPG with a mediocre 17:14 TD:INT ratio in his 9th NFL season.
- Opponent ranking – Ravens pass defense is ranked 23rd against the pass allowing 250 YPG - allow 8th fewest fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (19 Fantasy PPG).
- Baltimore have allowed fewest passing touchdowns (8) but pass defense has struggled since losing top CBs Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith)
- Rivers is currently ranked 20th among QB in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (6, 16, 24, 15)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 47 points
- WR Danario Alexander has 230 yards receiving and 3 TDs over past 2 weeks.
- Injuries – LT Jared Gaither put on injured reserve
- WalterFootball has Rivers at #15 for the week.
Eli Manning (vs. Green Bay): Peyton’s little brother is averaging just 212 YPG over his last 5 games and has tossed just 12 TDs with 11 INTs over first 10 games of the season. Hopefully used the Bye week to rest his tired arm.
- Opponent ranking – Green Bay pass defense is ranked 21st against the pass allowing 244 YPG - allow 18th most fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (21 Fantasy PPG)
- Packer secondary has struggled since top CB Charles Woodson injury
- Currently ranked 21st among QBs in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (16, 7, 4, 6)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 50 points
- LestersLegends Ranks Eli as their #12 QB for the week.
- Opponent ranking - Atlanta’s pass defense is ranked 10th allowing 216 YPG – 9th fewest fantasy PPG to QBs (11 TDs and 11 INTs)
- Currently ranked 11th among QB in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (22, 19, 17, 24)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 51 points
- Tampa run first offense should excel vs Atlanta 26th ranked run defense. Doug Martin should steal the show for Buc offense.
- Rotoprofessor Ranks Freeman as their #15 QB for week 12.
Sam Bradford (@ Arizona): On the season , the 3rd year QB from Oklahoma is averaging 224 YPG with 12 TDs and 8 INTs.
- Opponent ranking - Arizona pass defense is ranked #5 against the pass allowing 205 YPG - allow 7th fewest fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (17 Fantasy PPG)
- Currently ranked 22nd among QBs in standard scoring - last 4 weeks he’s scored (13, 12, 19, 13)
- Injuries: WR Danny Amendola listed as doubtful.
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 37 points (2nd lowest)
- Yardbarker Consensus Rankings have Bradford at #25 this week.
Colin Kaepernick (vs New Orleans): The 2nd year QB from Nevada completed 16-of-23 passes for 243 yards and two TDs in Monday night’s week 11 win over the Bears (defense that allows 4th fewest fantasy PPG to QBs.).
- Opponent ranking - Saints pass defense is ranked 31st against the pass allowing 305 YPG
- New Orleans allow most fantasy PPG to QBs (27 FPG)
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 49 points.
- Yardbarker Consensus Rankings have Kaepernick at #15 this week.
Chad Henne (@ Tennessee): The 27 year old Michigan alum completed just 16-of-33 passes but amassed 354 yards with 4 TDs (in relief of Blaine Gabbert) during Sunday’s Week 11 loss to Houston (7th ranked pass defense)
- Opponent ranking - Titans pass defense is ranked 26th allowing 266 YPG - allow 10th most fantasy PPG to opposing QBs (23 Fantasy PPG).
- Tennessee defense is tied for allowing the 2nd most passing TDs (20).
- Vegas Over/Under is set at 45 points
- WR Cecil Shorts is the #5 fantasy WR over the past 5 weeks (behind only Brandon Marshall, Megatron, V-Jax, and Randall Cobb)
- NFL.com ranks Henne as their #13 QB for week 12.